Magic City Pinball League:
Currently our pinball league is on hold until further notice. Please check back next month for updates.
BumperNets 16 and Under Table Tennis Tournament:
BumperNets is hosting a 18 and Under Table Tennis Tournament on November 14th. Doors will open at 8:30am with tournamants running from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Entry fee is $9 per player. To sign up for the tournament call BumperNets at 205-987-2222. We will need your name, DOB, age,
phone number, city, state, and club affiliation. First 16 to sign up are confirmed to play.
FORMAT: 1st round, 4 groups of 4, best 3 out of 5 games.
Group winners advance to single elimination, best 3 out of 5 games. USTTA ratings will be used
1ST: $200.00 BumperNets gift card
2ND: $150.00 BumperNets gift card
3RD: $100.00 BumperNets gift card
4TH: $50.00 BumperNets gift card
SPONSORED BY: Pat Bianchi HOSTED BY: BumperNets
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Duke Stogner
BumperNets Sunday Pinball Blast:
Tournament Date: November 15, 2020 starting at 1pm
BumperNets Sunday Stern Pinball Blast Tournament New Format:
- Group Match Play Format with IFPA Scoring – 4 player (7/5/3/1) or 3 player (7/4/1)
- Random Initial Seeding with Balanced pairing starting round 2
- Player Order Balanced per round
- Qualifying has 3 hour time limit (rounds started before 3 hour time limit will finish)
- Each group is on 2 Pin Banks, with both pins being played AT THE SAME TIME
- Each 2 pin banks are adjoining pins
- 4 Player Group: Left Pin play order is Player 1>2>3>4 and Right Pin play order is Player 4>1>2>3
- 3 Player Group: Left Pin play order is Player 1>2>3 and Right Pin Play order is Player 3>1>2
- Estimate qualifying roughly 5-7 rounds with 10-14 games per person with this 3 hour format
- Most/All BumperNets pins in the Main area will be in banks (4 player pins only; no back hallway, across the mall)
- All extra balls plunged
- Finals top four qualify (Tie breaker most 1st/2nd places, if needed 1 ball on random pin)
- Finals played on random 2 pin bank (1 Game Tie Breaker on random pin)
- If we start right at 1pm the tournament should finish around 5 pm
- Matchplay.events used for tournament scoring
Entry Cost: $10 ($9 to prize pool, $1 to IFPA) per player (plus coin drop)
Prizes: Payout 1st - 40%, 2nd – 30%, 3rd – 20%, 4th – 10%, trophy for 1st Place & Stern Collection choices (if available)
- Maximum play time inside 3 hour window
- High IFPA Point potential (TGP in the 90s-100 versus 72 at last Pinball Blast)
- More player interaction with group play
- More continuous play, should minimize wait time between rounds
- Possible initial increase in DQs due to playing out of order (initial lack of familiarity to format)
Table Tennis Club Play:
Club Play is currently paused until mall hours return to normal.
Friday Night Tournaments:
- We have a Recreational Open Tournament every Friday night for all players!
All levels of experience are welcome!
Cost is $8, free practice starts at 6:00pm to 6:30pm and tournament starts at 6:30pm and goes to 8:00pm.